I was really excited to do the review for the Lavatube 2.5 kit because when I unboxed it I realized how hardcore the design and build quality is. I never saw anything like it in the market. The Lavatube is a really beauty offered in many different colors. Offered in Red, Gold, Blue, Pink, Gunmetal, Black and Silver. With the kit you get the NiteCore D2 battery charger. When I saw the size of the charger and the battery I understood right away Volcano Cigs is not messing around. Is it very easy to use and refill. You will notice the mini LED screen that shows the wattage ranging from 3-15w. The display is very bright and easy to read all day. With this variable wattage you can crank it up if you want to make clouds of smoke and want that throat hit or you can bring it down to conserve battery power.
Whats In The Box:
(1) LAVATUBE v2.5 in the color of your choosing
(1) 15ml Bottle of USA-Made Premium eLiquid in the strength and flavor of your choosing
(1) Black cushioned LAVATUBE carry case
(1) LAVACELL IMR 2000 mAH High Drain 18650 rechargeable LiMN battery
(1) Nitecore Sysmax D2 Battery Charger
(1) Battery Case
(1) LAVATUBE BC TubeTank system with drip tip
LAVATUBE v2.5 Features:
- NEW: Variable Voltage & Variable Wattage
- NEW: Power output mode: vRMS
- NEW: Device memory that stores your settings
- Lightweight aluminum alloy body
- Anodized aluminum finish
- 1 power / activation button
- 1 Voltage up button
- 1 Voltage down button
- 1 Bright blue LCD screen
- 1 510 threaded connection
- 1 Lanyard clip hole
- 2 vent holes
- 18650 battery compatibility
- Selectable Voltage Range: 3v to 6v in 0.1v increments
- Selectable Wattage Range: 3w to 15w in 0.5w increments
- Power / Activation Button: Click five times fast to power the device on / off; Hold the button down to activate.
- + Button: On press, increases voltage/wattage.
- - Button: On press, decreases voltage/wattage.
- Power Output Mode: vRMS.
- Auto Shutoff: If the activation button is held down for 15 seconds or longer, the LAVATUBE will shut itself off until the button is released to prevent overheating the atomizer and the device.
- Short Circuit/Atomizer Protection: The LAVATUBE can recognize an atomizer with too low of a resistance for the current voltage setting and will drop the voltage/wattage to a low enough setting to protect both the battery and atomizer. If the atomizer is too low or shorted out, it will shut off power to the device to protect the LAVATUBE from being damaged.
- Reverse Battery Protection: Protects the device in case you put the battery in the device backwards
- Battery Monitoring/Over-Discharge Protection: The device will monitor the battery voltage and automatically display “LO” on the display and turn off when the battery is discharged, preventing damage to the battery and the device by over depletion.
- Battery Voltage Meter: The LAVATUBE has a voltage meter built in. This way you can monitor the power left in the battery before it needs to be recharged. (18650 batteries provide 4.2v at peak charge and over the life of the battery that voltage will decrease to about 3.2v level before needing to be recharged) This will help you monitor the life cycle of the battery.
- Atomizer Ohm Meter: The LAVATUBE has an atomizer ohm meter built in. It will display the ohm’s resistance of the atomizer that is connected to the device.
- Amperage Limiting: 3 amps – The device should monitor and shut itself off if it detects any excessive over-current conditions.
- Vent holes: 2 Vent holes on the bottom of the device for added safety.
Taking everything into consideration Volcano has strived to deliver a very superior and easy to use product. It can use this to lead within the industry. From the easy setup out of the box and charging the battery it is easy as 1-2-3. The larger unit size makes it tough to use on the go so I would recommend using it around the house or in the office if your allowed to. The large button made it easy to vape without fatigue. If you want a device that will allow you to be noticed within your vaping circle you should go for the Lavatube v2.5.