Cigarettes are highly addictive, and many non-smokers feel that we can simply “stop” and everything will be peaches and cream. If you are reading this, you are probably a smoker, and know that there is nothing easy or simple about quitting smoking!
Trust me, quitting smoking will bring you much joy, healthiness, and a better attitude to life than you ever though possible.
If you would like to know what your in for when you stop smoking, check out this list of 10 things that happen when you quit smoking:
1. 20 minutes after you quit smoking, your blood pressure drops back down, your pulse slows back to a resting rate, and your body temperature becomes normal again.
2. After 7 hours, the carbon monoxide levels in the blood become very low, your bloods oxygen level become normal which improves blood circulation. This also helps regular bodily functions to be more efficient.
3. Within one day of quitting smoking, your chances of having a heart attack reduce up to 45%. This alone should be enough motivation to keep you going.
4. Within 2 days, you will start to feel more energetic. Your mood can change for the better, making you more positive. Your stamina and muscle coordination with become better. Headaches, stomach aches, and body pains will greatly be reduced.
5. In 72 hours, your lungs recharge and relax, increasing your energy level and eliminating fatigue.
6. For the following several months you will have much improved blood circulation, and notice faster skin healing, and no odd disorders like tingles or cold feet.
7. After only 1 year of being smoke free you have reduced your risk of lung or heart ailments by 50%.
8. After ten years, your risk of lung cancer is reduced by over 70%. Bronchial attacks and heart attacks by 55%. Quitting smoking is very beneficial to you long term health.
9. Mental and emotional changes are also favorable. Depression, guilt, sadness, or sense of failure are much less likely.
10. You will be a much healthier person than you were beforehand. You will feel proud that you achieved something so many have failed at.
If you want to quit smoking, you can do it. It is hard, but I feel the best way to accomplish this tough as nails hurdle in your life is to wean yourself off using electronic cigarettes.
If you want more info on how you can use E-cigs to stop smoking, check out my post on How to Quit Smoking in 30 days using Electronic Cigarettes