In this day and age there are not many people who are under the impression that smoking is anything other than bad for you. We as a society seem to be constantly bombarded by anti-smoking advertisements and warnings from medical professionals. What a lot of these advertisements fail to do is accurately describe all of the benefits of quitting smoking beyond “you could stop yourself from getting cancer and dying”. Here are the top 10 benefits to quitting smoking;
10. No More Smokers Cough – Most people that have smoked for a long time develop phlegm that is constantly in the back of your throat. This causes smokers cough and will begin to go back to normal once you stop smoking
9. Better Skin – Skin care professionals have been harping on this for a while now, but once you have quit smoking you will notice a change for the better in your complexion.
8. Better Sense of Smell and Taste – Smoking over time dulls both of these senses but once you have quit you will notice them returning to normal levels
7. Everything Smells Better – Between your home, car, clothes, and even YOU, everything will smell better once you have quit smoking
6. Improved Field of Vision – This is a new one but studies have shown that quitting will in fact improve your field of vision
5. You Save Money – When you are a smoker cigarettes become a constant item that you have to budget for, like food. Imagine how much money you would save if you did not have to eat.
4. Everyone Around You Feels Better – The dangers of second hand smoke are very real. Once you have quit smoking those that are closest to will not have to worry about themselves or you anymore.
3. Your Day Will Run Smoother – Smoking has become very unpopular and is no longer allowed by most work places. So smokers must take extra time while either on lunch breaks or doing any number of activities to figure out when, where, and how they are going to smoke.
2. Better Breath – Smoking is a major cause of bad breath. This means that a lot of smokers end up dating other smokers. By quitting and thus returning your breath to normal, you may give yourself the opportunity to get close to someone who you may not have been able to get close to before.
1. You Get To Try Electronic Cigarettes – I know it seems like I’m being a shill here, and maybe I am, but I really believe in this product. You get that smoking feeling you have come to love over the years, with absolutely none of the additives or side effects of traditional smoking.
As you can see, there are plenty of everyday benefits to quitting smoking once and for all. Tomorrow we will do a piece on the long lasting health benefits of quitting smoking, so be sure to stop by and check it out.